- 1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 2 medium Chili Pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds Plum Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (freshly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Stirfry the onions, chili and garlic in it until soft and turns light brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne.
- Simmer until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Shift in a food processor and blend to make a chunky sauce.
- Place in bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and let it cool. Serve after garnishing with cilantro.