- 24 Oysters
- 1/4 Cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 Cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Can sweet butter
- 12 Pieces bacon, half cooked
- 1/3 Cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pimiento, chopped
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the oysters on a baking pan with a deep layer of rock salt.
- Shell side of the oysters should be embedded in the rock salt.
- Remove seeds and membranes from the pepper before chopping.
- Mix together the parsley, shallots, celery and green pepper.
- Squeeze the lemon into the mixture.
- Cream this mixture thoroughly.
- Place small amounts of the mixture on each oyster.
- Put 1/2 tsp of pimento and a bacon piece on each oyster.
- Bake for about 5 minutes until the bacon pieces turn brown.