Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- 1½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 extra large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbsp granulated Sugar Replacement
- 3½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- ½ cup unsalted Butter (very cold and cubed)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate (60%-70% cacao)
- 1/3 cup dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Blend flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and orange zest in a food processor on low speed.
- Add cold butter and beat on medium speed until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Reduce the speed and blend in buttermilk mixture, until combined.
- Add cranberries and chocolate. Stir once.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured working surface and press into a flat square about 3-inch thick.
- Cut into squares and place on pans lined with parchment paper, leaving a spac of about 2 inches in-between.
- Brush with heavy whipping cream.
- Bake on the middle shelves of the oven until the tops turn golden and springy when pressed with a fingertip, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.