- 1½ cups Cornmeal
- 2½ cups Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 medium Eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup cold Water
- Oil (as required)
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and butter together in another bowl.
- Add milk and water. Stir well.
- Gradually add to the flour mixture and stir continuously to blend well.
- Coat a skillet with oil on medium heat and pour in a spponful batter.
- Simmer until bubbles appear on the surface, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip on the other side and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot.