- 1 kg Basmati Rice
- 1 kg Chicken (cut into cubes)
- 100 g Oil
- 400 g Onions
- 200 m Yogurt
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1½ tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Few Coriander & Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 200 g Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tsp Whole Garam Masala
- 2 Lemons
- Butter (for greasing)
- Combine garam masala powder, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, mint, coriander leaves, and whole garam masala together. Grind into a fine paste.
- Marinate chicken with this mixture and set aside for 4 hours.
- Rinse rice and soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry onions until brown.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry for few minutes.
- Place the onions and tomatoes over the chicken.
- Add juice of one lemon.
- Boil rice for 2-3 minutes and drain excess water.
- Butter a pot and place in the marinated chicken.
- Add the remaining oil from browned onions over the chicken.
- Spread the rice over it. Cover tightly with a foil.
- Place it on high flame for 5 minutes and reduce the heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let covered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita or chutney.