Cashew Chicken Curry
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 cups Onion (chopped)
- 4 Onions (sliced)
- 2 small pieces Ginger
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 25 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 20 Cashew Nuts
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- 3 stems Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 10 minutes. Grind into a nice paste.
- Grind chopped onions, ginger, cumin seeds, and garlic together.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onions and shallow fry them.
- Put in the onion paste and mix well.
- Stir in chili powder and tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, chicken, salt, and some water. Simmer until the chicken turns tender.
- Mix in lemon juice and stir in cashew paste, blending nicely. Simmer and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.