- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1½ inch piece Cinnamon
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 inch piece Ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (grounded)
- ¾ tsp Chili Powder
- 5 tbsp Full Cream Curd
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Block of Creamed Coconut (sliced)
- Coriander Leaves (chopped, for garnishing)
- 2 tbsp Oil (+ for frying)
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion for few minutes on low flame.
- Add in cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, and fennel seeds. Stir and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Mix in ginger and garlic. Cook on low flame for another 10 minutes.
- Put in turmeric, coriander, and chili powder. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp curd and stir thoroughly on high flame. Continue adding some curd and stirring until all the curd is finished.
- Mix in tomato puree and plenty of water to form curry. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Flavor with salt.
- Heat oil in a fresh pan and fry chicken pieces on medium flame until white.
- Transfer the chicken to the sauce and cook for 30-40 minutes until meat turns tender.
- Add coconut in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the cinnamon and cardamoms from the chicken.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.