- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Coriander Powder
- 50 g Cashew Nuts
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 stems Curry Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 tbsp Oil (more for frying)
- Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, remaining turmeric powder, and pepper powder together, adding enough water.
- Grind the cashew nuts into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a separate pan and fry half of the onions.
- Stir in curry leaves. Remove and keep aside.
- Put in the remaining onion and shallow fry.
- Mix in ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell disappears.
- Add cashew paste and tomatoes.
- Add fried chicken, along with water, and cover the pan. Cook until meat turns tender.
- Garnish with the fried onions and curry leaves.
- Serve hot.