- 1 kg Octopus
- 6 Tomatoes
- 6 Onions
- 6 Large potatoes
- 8 Cloves of garlic
- 8 Olives
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Olive oil for frying
- Red wine
- Few leaves of mint and marjoram
- Pinch of thyme
- Clean the octopus and remove the edible flesh.
- Keep the flesh in a plastic bag and beat it.
- Cut the flesh into pieces with a knife.
- Rinse in salted water and drain.
- Transfer the pieces to a pot.
- Stew the pieces over a low flame for an hour. If the liquid is too dry, add little hot water.
- Meanwhile, Peel and chop the onions. Chop the tomatoes also.
- Fry the onions in olive oil till tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic.
- When tomatoes become soft, add the chopped olives, capers and all herbs.
- Raise the temperature of boiling stew and pour 1/4 bottle red wine.
- Now reduce the flame and simmer slowly till the amount of liquid reduces considerably.
- Serve the stew with boiled potatoes.