Brown Rice Risotto
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup short-grain Brown Rice
- 2½ cups Water
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan and stir fry onions until soft, on medium heat.
- Add butter and mushrooms. Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add brown rice and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and pour water.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir slowly and simmer for 40 minutes until rice is done and no liquid is left.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and serve hot.