- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 pounds broiler-fryer Chicken (cut into medium pieces)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Curry Powder
- 1½ tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 can Tomatoes (undrained)
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Almonds (slivered, toasted)
- 3 cups Rice (hot cooked)
- Combine flour with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken into flour mixture and coat properly.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and stir fry the chicken on medium heat, until brown on all sides.
- Remove the excess fat from the pan.
- Chop tomatoes and combine with onion, curry powder, thyme, remaining salt, and garlic. Stir in the liquid from the can.
- Add to the chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer until the chicken turns tender.
- Stir in raisins and bell pepper. Cover and simmer again, until the bell pepper is done.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.