- 4½ tsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried Thyme
- 2 Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
- ½ cup diced Onion
- ¼ cup diced Celery
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tsp minced fresh Parsley
- Combine 2¼ tsp flour, salt, pepper and thyme together in a large bowl.
- Roll the chicken into the mixture to coat properly.
- Heat butter in a small frying pan and fry the chicken until brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms, onion, and celery in the remaining butter, until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken, along with water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover the pan. Simmer until the chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture with milk until smooth.
- Add to the chicken and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.