- 1½ pounds Chicken Pieces (bone-in, with skin)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup Water
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Boil 1½ liters of water in a large pot.
- Combine eggs with 2 tsp salt and ½ cup water in a large bowl.
- Gradually add 2½ cups flour and stir to make a stiff batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of this batter into the boiling water.
- Cook dumplings until they float on the top.
- Remove them from the water and rinse under water.
- Heat butter on medium-high heat and fry the chicken until brown, turning once. Add onion and stir well.
- Pour in 1½ cups of water and sprinkle paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer until chicken turns tender.
- Combine 2 tbsp flour with sour cream.
- Remove the chicken and stir in the flour-cream mixture with the onion.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Add dumplings to the mixture and remove from heat.
- Serve into bowls, garnishing with pieces of cooked chicken.