- 2 (4 lb) Salmon Fillets
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dill Seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly ground Pepper
- 2 bunches fresh Dill (coarsely chopped)
- Wash the fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove the skin and bones (including pin-bones) from the fillets carefully.
- Cut each fillet into two equal halves.
- Combine sugar and salt. Cover both the sides of each fillet with this mixture.
- Sprinkle dill seeds and ground pepper over the flesh side of each fillet.
- Place chopped dill over two fillet halves (on their flesh side) and cover with another two.
- Wrap them in plastic sheets and marinate on room temperature for 6 hours.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 days.
- Remove and scrap off most of the seasonings and dill.
- Slice thinly and serve with finely chopped onions and dill sauce.