Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts (halved, boneless and skinless)
- 1 pound Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 5 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1½ cups fresh Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- Flatten the chicken halves to ½ inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 4 tbsp of the butter in a pan and stir fry the mushrooms, until they turn brown and absorb all the butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning.
- Add ¾ cup bread crumbs and nutmeg to the pan contents.
- Divide the mixture into 8 parts and place on the centre of each chicken piece.
- Roll the chicken around the stuffing and place on a buttered baking sheet (keep the sealed side down).
- Brush the chicken with rest of the butter and sprinkle rest of the bread crumbs over the chicken.
- Combine sour cream with chicken broth and pour over the chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove and serve hot.