- ½ cup Shortening
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 8x8 inch pan.
- Heat shortening, brown sugar, and milk in a pot on low heat until well-blended, stirring occasionally.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and gradually add to the milk mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and walnuts. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Cut into pieces. Serve and enjoy.