Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1-1/4 Cups flour (sift to measure)
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Now cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture to the above and stir to mix well.
- Make the above mixture into 3/4 inch balls and place on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie ball with the help of tines of a fork.
- Bake the cookies at a temperature of 375° for about 10 to 12 minutes.