Beef Vegetable Stew
- ¾ pound lean Beef Stew Meat (½-inch cubed)
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Beef Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed Tomatoes (cut up)
- 1½ cups peeled and cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 cup frozen Corn
- 6 dried Apricot or Peach Halves (quartered)
- ½ cup chopped Carrots
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tbsp minced Parsley
- Heat oil in a frying pan and stir fry meat cubes until brown, on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and add beef broth, tomatoes, squash, corn, apricots/peaches, carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer until the vegetables and meat turn tender, for about 2-3 hours.
- Dilute cornstarch in water, until smooth.
- Add to the pan and re-cover.
- Increase the heat and cook for another 30 minutes until gravy thickens.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.