- 2 cups Bengal Gram
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1½ cups Maida
- ½ cup Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ½ tsp Kesar Powder
- Lots of Rice Flour
- 1 cup Ghee
- Soak black gram with lots of water in a pan and boil until tender. Drain.
- Boil it again with more water and strain.
- Mix sugar with nutmeg powder with the liquid. Cook on low flame, stirring continuously, until it gets half solid.
- Remove from heat and grind into a smooth paste.
- Mix kesar powder with maida and little water in a bowl, forming dough.
- Add sesame oil gradually to the dough and mix well, until very soft. Keep sside for 2 hours.
- Shape the gram mixture and maida dough into equal number of balls.
- Wrap up each gram ball with maida ball.
- Spread rice flour on a flat surface and roll the balls into it.
- Grease a grill with little ghee and fry the boli until golden brown.
- Serve hot.