Fish Ball Curry
- 2 pounds Fish Fillets
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- 2 cups finely chopped Onions
- 1 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 3 minced Garlic Cloves
- Salt (to taste)
- ¾ tsp dried ground Chili Peppers
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp grated Lemon Rind
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch
- Grind the fish very finely in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-sticky pan.
- Stir fry onions and garlic until golden, on medium heat.
- Mix in salt, chili peppers, turmeric, and lemon rind.
- Add half of the mixture to the ground fish and mix until smooth.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and roll into cornstarch.
- Heat the remaining oil in a separate frying pan and fry the fish balls on medium-low heat, until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a platter.
- Heat the remaining onion mixture and stir in the tomatoes. Cook until well blended on low heat.
- Add 1 cup of water and fish balls. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with your choice of bread or boiled rice.