- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 2 square unsweetened Chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 1/3 cup sifted Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Whisk sugar, shortening, and egg yolks in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add chocolate and mix well.
- Add flour and vanilla. Beat thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff in a separate bowl.
- Add salt and mix.
- Stir into the prepared mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.