- 1 pound Shrimps (shelled and deveined)
- 8 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sherry
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1½ cups Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Celery (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 1 Green Pepper (thinly chopped)
- ¾ cup sliced Water Chestnuts
- 2 cups drained Bean Sprouts
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, and ginger in bowl.
- Add shrimps and mix well. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet. Fry onions, celery, and green pepper, until soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and add the remaining oil.
- Fry shrimps for 3 minutes.
- Add the fried mixture, shrimp marinade, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, cornstarch, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Mix well until smooth.
- Cover and cook on low heat for few minutes until shrimps turn tender.
- Serve hot.