Urad Dal Vada
- 2 glasses Black Gram
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Few Curry Leaves (chopped)
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- ¼ tsp Soda Powder
- Oil (for frying)
- Soak dal in water for 1 hour. Grind into a thick smooth paste, without adding water.
- Stir in salt and grind again.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add onion, green chilies, pepper, curry leaves, ginger, and soda. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Flatten them a little and make hole in the centre by inserting your little finger.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the vadas until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.