- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (skin removed)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parsley (minced)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground Pepper
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon (quartered)
- Parsley Springs (finely chopped)
- Flatten the chicken breasts to 1/3-inch thickness, using meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine cheese, breadcrumbs, minced parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Beat egg with milk in another bowl, until blended.
- Dip the chicken into egg mixture and dredge over breadcrumb mixture, to coat thoroughly.
- Shake off the excess breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a heavy large deep skillet.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and tender.
- Transfer on an absorbing sheet to remove excess oil.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add lemon juice and pour the liquid over chicken.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.