Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Icing
- 7 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ kg semi-sweet Chocolate (shredded)
- 3½ cups Sugar Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 6 tbsp Apricot Jam
- 6 tbsp Double Cream
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Grease a baking pan with little butter and dust with flour.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat eggs yolks with ¾ cup sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thickened.
- Sift cocoa with flour in another bowl.
- Cut in butter and mix until you get fine crumbs.
- Mix egg whites with ¾ cup sugar in another bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add cocoa mixture and stir well gradually.
- Add sugar mixture and beat until well blended.
- Transfer the batter into the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 170 °C and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Heat chocolate in a saucepan, stirring frequently, on low flame until completely melted. Take off from heat.
- Mix cream with 2 cups sugar powder and beat until well blended.
- Slice the cake horizontally into 2 parts.
- Spread apricot jam over the lower piece and cover up with the top piece.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate icing.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.