- 8 oz Almond Paste
- 2 Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp grated Lemon Rind
- ½ cup Sugar
- 8 candied Red Cherries (quartered)
- 2 tbsp sliced Almonds
- Sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a cookie sheet and sprinkle flour over it.
- Mix almond paste, egg whites, and lemon rind together in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and beat with an electric mixture until well-combined and you get soft dough.
- Shape the dough into small molds and roll over cherries, almonds, and sugar.
- Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.