- 2 cups long-grain Rice
- 3½ cups Water
- 1 Carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 10 French Beans (peeled and chopped)
- ¼ cup Shelled Peas
- 1 Potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1 Capsicum (sliced thinly)
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly)
- 4 Bell Peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 2-3 threads Saffron (dissolved in 1 tbsp warm milk)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Cheese (grated)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Cook peas, potato, carrot, and beans in water, until tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil rice in 3½ cups salted water, until tender but firm, on medium-low heat.
- Transfer into a separate platter and drizzle saffron milk over it.
- Mix well and add boiled vegetables, chopped tomato, chopped bell peppers, salt, and garlic. Stir gently.
- Butter a flat heavy-based pan and transfer the rice-mixture into it.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Fry sliced onion and capsicum, until light golden.
- Add tomato slices, salt, and vinegar. Stir.
- Pour the mixture and cheese over the rice evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot.