- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1½ cups Pineapple (cut in small cubes)
- 8 tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 3 Green Chilies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Cloves
- 1 small Cinnamon Stick
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp sliced Almonds
- Cook rice in lightly salted water, until tender but very firm. Remove and cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Reserve half of the mixture in a separate plate.
- Add turmeric powder, green chilies, and pineapple pieces to the pan. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala and salt.
- Add rice and stir gently to blend them, on low heat. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving platter and garnish with the reserved onions, chopped coriander, and almonds.
- Serve hot.