Creamy Chicken Pie
- 60 g Butter
- 4 Bacon Rashers (chopped)
- 6 Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1½ cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 cooked Chicken (chopped)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 80 g melted Butter
- 10 Pastry Sheets
- Lightly butter a pie dish.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry bacon rashers, green onions, and garlic, stirring continuously until bacon turns crusty.
- Add flour and stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Pour milk slowly, stirring constantly, until thickened. Leave aside to cool.
- Fold in chicken, cheese, and eggs. Cover with a wet cloth and set aside.
- Lightly grease two pastry sheets and fold each sheet half end to end. Place them in the pie dish diagonally overhanging the ends. Repeat the same placing 6 more sheets clockwise in the dish, until the dish is enclosed.
- Lay dollops of the chicken mixture on the sheet and wrap up the mixture with the overhanging ends.
- Drizzle over melted butter.
- Finally, grease the last two sheets and wrap semi width ways over the mixture.
- Add on the remaining chicken mixture and remove the ends. Grease with some more butter.
- Set the oven to 180 °C and bake for 35 minutes, or until brown.