- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter (soft)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1¼ cups Oatmeal (quick)
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp grated Orange Rind
- Combine flour, salt, and soda together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl, until light and creamy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in oatmeal, milk, and chocolate morsels.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 10x5x3 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Combine sugar and orange juice in a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add orange rind and remove from heat.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour the orange sauce over it.
- Cut into bars and serve.