- 3 medium Cucumbers (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 large sweet Onions (sliced thinly)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chilled Water
- ¼ cup Salad Oil
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Dairy Sour Cream
- Chopped Parsley and Paprika (as required)
- Place cucumber and onion slices in an alternate layer in a bowl. Sprinkle each layer with plenty of salt.
- Pour in chilled water. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove the vegetables and clean with running water. Drain well.
- Combine oil and vinegar. Pour the mixture over cucumbers and onions. Marinate for 4-5 hours and drain again.
- Mix in sour cream and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Serve whenever you wish.