- 2 kg ripe Bananas (chopped)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove
- Cochineal Red Color (as desired)
- Place banana pieces in a large saucepan and pour adequate water. Cook on medium flame until tender. Take it off heat.
- Strain the cooked banana through a cloth, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the liquid with sugar, lemon juice, and clove in the same pan. Simmer, stirring continuously on medium flame until thickened. Remove the foam forming on the surface.
- Stir in red color and remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture into jars and secure the lid tightly.
- Use as desired.