Sweet Potato and Lamb
- 500 g Lamb Pieces
- 455 g Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 228 g Ghee
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 piece Ginger (ground)
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves (ground)
- Salt (to taste)
- 7 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Rose Water
- Slice sweet potatoes into pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry 1 chopped onion, until light brown.
- Mix in ginger and garlic. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add meat, remaining onion, and salt. Stir and cook until the meat turns pink.
- Pour 6 cups of water and cook until the lamb turns tender. Remove from heat.
- Re-heat the remaining ghee in the same pan and fry the potatoes.
- Mix sugar with some water in a fresh pan and simmer.
- Mix it with fried potatoes and cook until the sugar syrup thickens.
- Mix in rose water, cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder.
- Remove from heat and serve the lamb garnished with fried potatoes.