Almond Banana Cake
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Banana Puree
- ½ cup sliced Almonds
- 250 g raw whole Almonds (toasted)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Icing Sugar (to garnish)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Butter a heart-shaped flan tin and place a baking sheet on it.
- Grind whole almonds in a grinder, until finely powdered.
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add almond powder, banana puree, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix until uniformly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, for around 45 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve thereafter.