- 1 cup Rice
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup dried Sour Cherries
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Slivered Almonds
- ¼ tsp Saffron
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Boil salted water in a pan and pour rice. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the rice.
- Dry roast almonds, stirring continuously, on medium heat.
- Mix saffron with some hot water and mix with the rice.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add cherries and sugar. Mix and cook, stirring continuously, until sugar is dissolved.
- Place half of the rice in a greased dish and top with half of the cherries and almonds.
- Layer the remaining rice on top and cover with the leftover cherries and almonds.
- Pour butter on the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot.