- 1 cup Lentils
- 1/3 cup Rice
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions (sliced)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and shallow fry onions, until they turn golden brown. Reserve 4 tbsp fried onions.
- Combine lentils with chicken broth, salt, and black pepper in a separate saucepan. Cook on medium flame until lentils are cooked thoroughly.
- Add rice, fried onions, and cumin. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked & liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with the reserved fried onions and serve.