Apple French Toast
- 12 French Bread Slices (1½ inches thick)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp light Corn Syrup
- 3 small Granny Smith Apples (peeled, sliced and cored)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- Pour the liquid into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place 6 bread slices over this mixture.
- Place apples over each of the 6 bread slices.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half of this mixture evenly over the apples and bread slices.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together until foamy. Pour over the bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove and bring on room temperature.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve hot.