- 3 Taro Leaves
- ½ cup Chickpea Flour
- ½ tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Tamarind Paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- ¼ inch piece of Ginger
- 2 Garlic Pods
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- ¼ tsp Jaggery
- A pinch of Soda
- Salt (to taste)
- Grind green chilies, ginger, garlic, and coriander seeds into a smooth paste.
- Combine chickpea flour, ground paste, salt, soda, sesame seeds, tamarind paste, and jaggery in a large bowl. Add 2 tsp water and blend into a thick paste.
- Place the leaves upside down and even out the veins of the leaves using a rolling pin.
- Put down the biggest leaf and coat with the paste.
- Place another leaf on it and spread more paste on top.
- Roll up from the end to tip. Do the same with the remaining leaves.
- Place the rolls in a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes. Allow them to cool.
- Slice the rolls into small pieces and serve with your favorite sauce.