- 2 cups Semolina (Rawa / Sooji)
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 2 cups Butter Milk (Mattha)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 10-12 Curry Leaves (chopped)
- ¼ cup Coconut (Scraped)
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- ¼ tbsp Sodium-bi-carbonate
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Mix semolina, rice flour, green chilies, onion, curry leaves, a pinch of hing, sodium bi- carbonate, and salt in a vessel.
- Add buttermilk to the above and make a batter of medium consistency.
- Now add finely chopped coconut and cashew nut to the batter.
- Leave the batter for at least 1 hour.
- Grease a non-stick griddle with oil. Pour a large spoon of batter over it. Spread the batter by swirling the griddle.
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil on and around the dosa.
- Cook till it gets crisp and golden in color.
- Roll it in a cylindrical form and remove it from the flame.
- Rava Dosa is ready to eat. Serve it with coconut chutney.