- ½ kg Prawns
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup Coconut
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 8 cloves Garlic
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Chilly Powder
- A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the veins of the prawns and marinate with little turmeric and salt. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind coconut, coriander leaves, green chilies, garlic, ginger, and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, turmeric powder, and hing.
- Add onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and cook until the mixture turns mushy.
- Mix in ground paste, chilly powder, and garam masala. Cook until the mixture discharges oil.
- Add prawns, along with salt to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in a cup of hot water and simmer until the gravy gets to your preferred thickness.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.