- 1 kg Prawns
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 small Onion (finely sliced)
- Salt (to taste)
For Vindaloo Masala:
- ½ tsp Peppercorns
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 12 small dry Kashmiri Chilies
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Cardamoms
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients of vindaloo masala and grind into a thick paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion, until brown.
- Stir in curry leaves.
- Put in the ground masala and fry, stirring continuously.
- Add potatoes, along with sufficient water, and cover the pan. Cook until the potatoes turn tender.
- Mix in prawns and salt. Cover the pan and boil, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.