- 8 oz Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tomatoes (skinned and chopped)
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp fresh Oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 1 pound low-fat Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 medium Eggplant (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles in plenty of water until tender but firm.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Stir fry onion and garlic, until lightly golden.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour in wine and mix well.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and pepper in a platter and coat eggplant into it.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and fry coated eggplant until tender.
- Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper together.
- Spread some tomato-onion sauce in a 9-inch square baking pan to cover the base.
- Layer the pan with half of noodles, followed by half of the cheese-egg mixture and half eggplants.
- Spread the remaining sauce over it. Repeat layering.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.