- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup soft Butter
- 3 tbsp Sweet Sherry
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Anise Seed (crushed)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg until light.
- Add sugar, butter, and sherry. Beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, anise seed, and salt. Knead into smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough into ¼-inch thick sheet and cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cookies.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.