- 4 pounds raw Pork Bellies
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Curing Salt
- 1 gallon Cold Water
- Combine brown sugar, curing salt, and water in a large bowl.
- Dip pork bellies into the liquid and toss to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for six days.
- Soak apple wood chips in a bowl of water.
- Heat charcoal in an outdoor smoker until the temperature reaches to 140-150 degrees F and coals turn ready.
- Simmer the pork bellies on charcoal for 6 hours, throwing a handful of wood chips on the coals in an interval of an hour.
- Preserve in the fridge.
- Remove and slice as desired.
- Fry usually as you would with any other meat.
- Serve hot.