- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups chopped Broccoli (cooked)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Cheese
- 6 Egg Whites
- Heat butter in a small frying pan and stir fry onion until golden.
- Add flour and milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broccoli and cheese. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir gently. Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add to the broccoli mixture.
- Transfer into a casserole and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.