- 2 kg Carrots (grated)
- 300 g seedless Raisins
- 300 g dried Apricots
- 300 g dried Dates (chopped)
- 50 g dried Ginger (cut into juliennes)
- 50 g round dried Red Chilies
- 100 g dried Garlic (sliced)
- 100 g dried Boras
- 2 kg Sugar
- ¼ kg Jaggery
- 1 bottle Malt-Sugar Cane Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chilly Powder
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine carrots, sugar, jaggery, and vinegar in a large saucepan. Mix and cook on low flame, until carrots turn soft.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, and salt. Cook until the mixture gets sticky.
- Add dates, boras, red chilies, raisins, and apricots. Bring to a boil on low flame.
- Mix in chilly powder, black pepper, and garam masala powder. Remove from heat and cool.
- Tranfer into a glass container and use whenever required.