- 2 kg raw Mangoes (grated)
- 3 kg Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Seeds
- 1 Egg
- Soak mangoes in plenty of cold water in a pan. Leave them covered for 3 hours. Drain and dry them for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar and egg, along with its shell, in a large pan. Crush until well-mixed.
- Pour in 2 liters water and cook on medium flame. When it boils, turn off the heat and take out the foam formed on the surface.
- Strain the liquid mixture through a wet muslin cloth.
- Transfer the liquid back to the pan and cook on medium flame.
- Add grated mangoes and stir continuously until thick.
- Mix in cardamom seeds and cook until the mixture gets dry.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Store in a glass container and use whenever required.