- 8 large Potatoes
- 3 Eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp Maida
- 1 Egg Yolk (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a cake pan with a detachable bottom.
- Soak potatoes in plenty of water in a pan and boil until they turn tender.
- Drain the potatoes. Peel and mash them.
- Combine eggs, salt, butter, and olive oil in a bowl. Beat nicely.
- Add mashed potatoes, parmesan cheese, and maida. Mix well.
- Transfer the potato mixture into the cake pan and even out the top surface.
- Spread beaten egg yolk on the top and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust turns golden.
- Slice into squares and serve hot.