- For the Crust:
- 50 g Rice Flour
- 50 g Ghee
- Salt (to taste)
For the Dough:
- 150 g Wheat Flour
- 100 g Ghee
- 1 tsp Rose Essence
- A pinch of Salt
For the Date Stuffing:
- 500 g Dates (mashed)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Rose Essence
- 7-10 Almonds (coarsely ground)
- ½ cup Ghee
- Grease a dish and place in rice flour and salt to prepare the crust, adding ghee. Mix well making soft dough.
- Shape the dough into 5 balls and soak them in a bowl of chilled water.
- Combine wheat flour, salt, rose essence, and ghee in a greased dish. Knead well using ½ cup water.
- Shape the dough into 5 balls.
- Place all the ingredients of date stuffing in a pan and cook on low flame for 5 minutes, mashing well.
- Place one wheat flour ball on palm and spread it out.
- Top up with one rice flour ball spreading it out and fold the ends into a small even cake.
- Place some date mixture in the center and wrap up.
- Flatten the cake to 3 inch diameter. Repeat the process to form the remaining cakes.
- Heat ½ cup ghee in a frying pan and fry the cakes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tea.