Potato Fish Cakes
- 300 g Potatoes (mashed)
- 400 g boiled Fish (deboned)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds (coarsely ground)
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds (coarsely ground)
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns (coarsely ground)
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Parsi Dhansakh Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 medium Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Green Chilies (deseeded & chopped)
- 1 cup Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Mint (finely chopped)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Bread Crumbs
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Oil
- Mix boiled fish with mashed potatoes thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, chilly powder, dhansakh powder, and tumeric powder. Cook on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the fried masala on potato mixture.
- Add onions, green chilies, coriander, mint, and salt. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into balls and press them lightly.
- Coat the balls into bread crumbs and flatten them.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip the balls into beaten eggs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the cakes on low flame, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with dried vegetables and rotlis.